Established in 1984 by Vietnamese refugees, VACA aims to support Vietnamese refugees and immigrants in Boston. Our mission is to promote family self-sufficiency, well–being, and support the empowerment of the Vietnamese population in Dorchester and Greater Boston.
Location: 42 Charles Street, Dorchester, MA 02122
Report to: Executive Director (ED)
Allowance: According to VACA’s policy
- Coordinate and implement grant research
- Develop and write grant proposals that reflect the activities and work plans of VACA
- Develop budgets and fundraising plans
- Support Executive Director, staffs in program implementation, including planning, reporting and monitoring of project activities;
- Support documentation of program activities, particularly the application of digital technology for creative reporting (bi-annually, annually or after events);
- Support editing and proof-reading when necessary (Vietnamese – English and vice versa)
- Others as appropriate.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- Bilingual (English-Vietnamese) speaking
- Good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Ms. Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Good command of English, including interpretation and translation from Vietnamese to English and vice-versa;
- Commitment and inspiration to work in development areas;
- Knowledge of development work, but not essential.